Last updated on August 5th, 2020 at 04:49 pm
PayPal like we already know is a worldwide payment solution that is widely used in sending and accepting payments from different parts of the world. Over the years PayPal has made online money transfers look really easy and hassle free, with PayPal one can send and receive money almost instantly without having to wait a few days for checks to clear the bank.
Many freelancers and business firms from different dimensions make use of PayPal infact a lot of freelancing platforms like Fiverr, upwork, sellers/buyers on eBay and a host of other freelance platforms use and accept PayPal as payment method.
No lies PayPal is really a good Payment Gateway but the downside is quite disheartening, and anyone working on both of this platforms must have experienced PayPal frustration at least once or twice
PayPal may wake up one day and decide to freeze or limit your account for 21 days to as long as 180 days or more and this might just mean a termination of every plan you had for the money, i understand that this are temporary limitations and a security measures but this isn’t the best way.
How PayPal Account Limit Works
Reasons Why Your PayPal Account Was limited
There are several reasons why your PayPal account was limited, your PayPal account may be limited if:
- Illegal Transactions was carried out on your account
- An unauthorized person may be using your account.
- Your PayPal account is out of compliance with regulatory requirements.
- You are selling banned goods on your account.
- You have too many charge back on your account.
But here’s the big deal and why i stopped receiving payments for Non-shippable Goods and Services with Paypal
- The said item must be a physical & tangible goods that can be shipped.
- You must ship the item to the shipping address on the transaction details page in your PayPal account for the transaction. If you originally ship the item to the recipient’s shipping address on the transaction details page but the item is later redirected to a different address, you will not be eligible for PayPal Seller Protection. PayPal therefore recommend you don’t use a shipping service that is arranged by the buyer, so that you will be able to provide valid proof of shipping and delivery.
- You must respond to PayPal’s requests for documentation and other information in a timely manner as requested in PayPal’s email correspondence with you or in Paypal’s correspondence with you through the Resolution Center. If you do not respond to PayPal’s request for documentation and other information in the time requested, you may not be eligible for Seller Protection.
- If the sale involves pre-ordered or made-to-order goods, you must ship within the timeframe you specified in the listing. Otherwise, it is recommended that you ship all items within the 7 days time frame after receipt of payment.