Last Updated on November 4, 2020 by Kings
IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) is a 15 to 17 digit number used to track and trace the location of a mobile phone. All phone have it’s own unique IMEI assigned to it.
IMEI number is also useful in tracing a crime and tracking a stolen mobile phone, If you misplaced your phone or your phone got stolen and you still have the phone IMEI number intact, then you can prevent the current handler from initiating fraudulent calls that can land you into big trouble if you do not act fast.
Dears, it is important to keep the IMEI number of your mobile phone safe and secured
However, for educational purposes i am going to show you how an IMEI of any mobile phone can be changed.
How to Change IMEI number with Chamelephon
Follow the steps below to change your imei number with chamelephon:
- Dial *#06# to get your phone original IMEI number, alternatively you can find this information at the back of your where battery placeholder is located.
- Visit the playstore to download and install a mobile app called Chamelephon. When your download has been completed now Launch the app and grant it Super User privileges by tapping Grant.
- The next page should be a home page. Now input the IMEI number you got from dialing *#06# (Can also be found at the back of your phone) paste it and click Apply New IMEI.
- You will be prompted to verify changing of IMEI, tap on Change to gho ahead.
- You will also get a prompt message to reboot the phone to apply the changes made.
For this to work, your phone must have root access.
UPDATE: This step no longer work and Chamelephon has been removed on playstore.